Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Theory and Concepts
 LottoPoster Forums : LOTTO THEORY, CONCEPTS AND METHODS OF PLAY : Theory and Concepts
Message Icon Topic: A Valid Lotto History Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Colin F
Lotto Systems Tester Creator & Analyst
To dream the impossible dream ...

Online Status: Offline
Quote Colin F Replybullet Topic: A Valid Lotto History
    Posted: December 15 2004 at 4:57pm

From 1000 Lotto Machines of the same type as used by your Lotto Game located anywhere in the world obtain the results of a Draw and record them in no particular order and you then have a valid 1000 number Lotto History to use for working out what you think will be the results from your Lotto Game's next draw.

Think about it - I have a lot more to say on this subject.

Colin Fairbrother 

Lotto Draws have no relationship to one another; the integers serve just as identifiers. Any prediction calculation on one history of draws for a same type game is just as irrelevant as another.
IP IP Logged
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote Andrew Replybullet Posted: January 10 2005 at 5:33pm
In picking numbers say in the 6/49 lottery  you have to look at the skips of each number.  The median skip is 6. Three numbers  tend to appear 50% of the time within six skips. Two numbers in skips 7-11 and one number in the 12+ section. Picking all the numbers exclusively from one section is nullifying any chance of winning. A typical combination for the game should have a varied diet of numbers from the different skip sections.

It is also helpful to look at the draw history as it gives important pointers to what could come up. Take the first column for instance. The median point of the 6/49 game is 6. If there are three previous numbers above the median the chances increase (75% probability) of numbers 1 to 6 appearing in that column in the next draw. Lottery histories are crucial  in any forecasting.
le();
IP IP Logged
Colin F

Quote Colin F Replybullet Posted: January 11 2005 at 1:49am

Andrew

I'm not against Lotto Histories per se - it is the connection or assumed relationship between a non-existent draw and a specific history that is plain illogical. When the draw is made only then does it become part of the History.

Let's say a Lottery Operator is going to start another Lotto Game in an adjoining state and for the first draw they decide to use the same draw as the existing Lotto Game. Does this new Lotto Game inherit the History from the old one?

Yes, you can look at Lotto Histories and work out occurrences and absences. As I mentioned to WhistlePig I've spent many, many hundreds of hours on this and developed a system that works with categorizing and ranking the short and long term signatures (Hit/Miss strings) and instead of working with some 14 million combinations we have about that number of specifications. Results are good and would be attractive to some to hype up and sell - I prefer to keep plugging away at it to improve the yield. There is definitely more scope for improvement and innovation.

My tests show me that if you play the same set of numbers each draw then unless you have put some thought into it you will not do as well as Random Selections. The recent tests I did with Numerical Order sets work because of the segmenting and juxtaposing of those segments. (Wonderful, the English language - isn't it?) By using the recent history to do some calculations you transfer the randomness in that sample and a bit of its structure. The big $64,000 question - is there an optimum recent history?

There is no specific history for a future draw. This is not the kind of information that people who make a living from publishing Lotto Histories want too well known.

Regards
Colin

Lotto Draws have no relationship to one another; the integers serve just as identifiers. Any prediction calculation on one history of draws for a same type game is just as irrelevant as another.
IP IP Logged
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote Andrew Replybullet Posted: January 29 2005 at 2:33pm

A lottery is a chaotic system, yet nevertheless a chaotic system has boundaries which expand and contract. Previous lottery draws give you an understanding of how this chaotic stsyem behaves. There are remarkable similarities between the real draws and simulated draws.By studying the behaviour of the previous draws one can reduce the odds(of course they are still pretty horrific). The way ahead is to reduce the number field. For example in the 6/49 lottery 2 decades are missed out 20-25% of the time. This brings the field down to 29 numbers. Randomly knocking out 6 numbers from the remaining field brings it down to 23 numbers.Ideally a field of between 12-16 numbers will put you in with a chance. I use <Blankety Blank>* which has very powerful filtering capabilities based on the repeat cycles of number groupings.

*Administrator's Note: Member's may ask Andrew which system he uses by sending him a private message. Obviously, if I allow one commercial lotto system to be espoused then it is an open invitation for others to do likewise. If Andrew wants to start a thread spelling out his methods for reduction of numbers then when it is clear what is meant a series of tests can be done.   

IP IP Logged
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote Andrew Replybullet Posted: February 19 2005 at 2:00am
The system I use is not commercial(ie it is free to download). I also use my own ideas in reducing the number field. I will post my ideas in a few days time giving an explanation . Commercial systems are a complete waste of money.
IP IP Logged
Colin F

Quote Colin F Replybullet Posted: February 20 2005 at 3:48am

Andrew

My youngest daughter is 9 years old so I get to see a few kids movies not all of which I like. Stripes I saw recently, really enjoyed and can recommend it to young and old - yer to use that Americanism that has a completely different meaning elsewhere - I was rooting for the Zebra. (Now you know why Elvis's song Tutti Fruity I want a Rooty was so shocking in it's time.)

In real life though a Zebra which I guess to be close to the Russian/Mongolian (Privet Ruskis) Przewalski Horse has as much chance of beating a thoroughbred as I have of being elected the next Pope, unopposed. Now, if you would like to push Ion Salius DOS concoction against my knowledge of SQL - I say bring it on Brother - I's a chompin at the bit and a'rearin in the startin gate.

Regards
Colin

PS If you have children here's a good site to find out about horses:

http://www.equinecentre.com.au/youth_horse_facts.shtml

Good for adults too.

IP IP Logged
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote Andrew Replybullet Posted: February 20 2005 at 3:30pm
Your use of context in regards to horses is misleading. Zebra vs a Thoroughbred. In a race the thoroughbread should win but are we talking about races on a racecourse or say a journey lasting many days. Now which creature has the stamina? Did you know a human can outrun a horse over a race of many days? The Apache Indian could do this. Now context is the name of the game, old chap. Before I fire the first salvo, can you explain what SQL is. I have had much experience of Saliu's Lotwon632 and I know its worth because it is based on sound empirical data. You seem to be more interested in a priori assumptions than real hard facts. Incidently, applications run faster with DOS, so Saliu's DOs based software is not to be sneezed at.
IP IP Logged
Colin F

Quote Colin F Replybullet Posted: February 20 2005 at 7:57pm

SQL stands for Structured Query Language.

I regard myself as a Relational Database person and as such I use it a lot with Access. Live data that you see displayed on a website usually involves the use of SQL. Basically if you have data stored in tables even if in a different Database to your own and you wish to extract information then you need to know SQL.

If you had a table named LottoHist with a few columns of data a simple SQL statement "Select * from LottoHist" would display all the data. Of course you can filter, screen, make tables, update tables, union tables, join a table on itself, select tables and not join them which is known as a Cartesian Join etc.

Unfortunately, from what I can gather those that play with the Lotto numbers mainly use a flat file system like Excel which drastically limits what they can do.

It's a big subject and the explanation above is off the top of my head.

Now, Young Chap
Less Chitty Chat
Let the fireworks begin.

Regards
Colin

IP IP Logged
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote Andrew Replybullet Posted: February 21 2005 at 1:44am
Ok, Colin let's rock. There are two hominids,namely Jim and Joe. Twice a week Jim picks 6 numbers in the 6/49 lottery. Joe does likewise. Joe picks exactly the same numbers as Jim except he picks another two numbers. Thus he is playing with 8 numbers. Question is Colin, who has the greater probability of of collecting the jackpot?
IP IP Logged
Colin F

Quote Colin F Replybullet Posted: February 21 2005 at 4:46pm

George

Chances of getting a 1st prize winning ticket in a 6/49 Lotto game:
Possibilities: 49c6 or 49!/(43!x6!) = 13,983,816
Probability with 0 tickets: 0 in 13,983,816 or 0
Probability with 1 ticket: 1 in 13,983,816 or struck dead by brick on head in which case you won't need it.
Probability with 2 tickets: 2 in 13,983,816 or not much better than previous.
Probability with 6 tickets: 6 in 13,983,816 or so high my Computer calculator shows it in Hex.
Probability with 8 tickets: 8 in 13,983,816 or not much better than previous.
Probability with 6,991,908 tickets: 6,991,908 in 13,983,816 or .5 or 1/2
Probability with 13,983,816 tickets: 13,983,816 in 13,983,816 or 1 or certain.

I am not aware of anyone saying the opposite to, "Buying more tickets increases your chances of winning!".

Regards
Colin 

IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version