Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Do they Work? Systems, Covers, Designs and Wheels tested.
 LottoPoster Forums : LOTTO PLAYING SYSTEMS TEST RUN RESULTS : Do they Work? Systems, Covers, Designs and Wheels tested.
Message Icon Topic: Sum/RootSum/Even/Odd/High/Low Results Post Reply Post New Topic
Colin F
Lotto Systems Tester Creator & Analyst
Lotto Systems Tester Creator & Analyst
To dream the impossible dream ...

Online Status: Offline
Quote Colin F Replybullet Topic: Sum/RootSum/Even/Odd/High/Low Results
    Posted: November 05 2004 at 6:21am

First, an explanation of what we are dealing with. This is an example of where the Integer Identifiers are attributed magnitude and Numerical Order is given special significance as I explained in the "Numbers are only Identifiers" thread. As a "purist" I'm against using it myself but I have an open mind - if it works, that's good enough.

Sum - just adding all integers together.

RootSum - this comes from numerology, the idea being to reduce any number down to a single digit. So, if the sum is 138 you then add 1+3+8=12 and then add 1+2=3 and the 3 becomes the RootSum.

Even and Odd are self explanatory and Low or High is determined by the magnitude - so 4 or 24 is in the lower half and 26 or 49 in the higher half.

As well for the 100 numbers played there was a balancing out so that for example even was not favoured over odd.

The results to me were surprisingly good. If a system gives pretty much the same as Random Selections I'm not opposed to it. As far as getting more major prizes I doubt it and there is nothing to substantiate it being promoted on that basis.

To the best of my knowledge when I posted this on the Web on March 3, 2004 this was the first time that anyone had tested a Lotto System by using a Computer Model in this way. I received some flak over using my own PRNG but as I pointed out then and do so now, it doesn't make any difference if I use actual Lotto Histories.

Colin

nb Be aware this is not the standard 6/49 Lotto game but rather one that has a bonus ball so you need the Three in the main numbers plus the Bonus ball.
Lotto Draws have no relationship to one another; the integers serve just as identifiers. Any prediction calculation on one history of draws for a same type game is just as irrelevant as another.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version